We are looking for a Head of Hardware Engineer to increase our team. The ideal candidate for us is a dynamic and ambitious person, flexible, results and teamwork oriented.
Head of Hardware Department directs and oversees all aspects of hardware engineering activities within our organization. Establishes policies and procedures that produce high-quality hardware products. Ensures all hardware engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives.
Head of Hardware Department manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
The role forecast to manage through managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from stakeholders and requiring coordination with other departments.
As leader of the embedded design team the candidate will be responsible for each HW project, all aspects of the design flow, from the high-level requirements elicitation up to the final design validation throughout development and testing hardware on Embedded Systems designed by Soft-in in behalf of its customers.
Head of Hardware Department is responsible for the functions of a Hardware department and the employees within it.
This position will be based in Beinasco (Turin, Italy) but occasionally has to travel abroad. A very good written and spoken English is therefore mandatory for this role.
Required educational qualification for this position is an Electronic Engineering MSC or equivalent.
Necessary technical skills:
- Confident with at least one CAD like Cadence Allegro Design Authoring or Mentor Graphics, DxDesigner
- Former experience with circuital simulation SW (e.g. OrCAD PSPICE, Tina TI, etc.)
- Good practice on EMC / EMI design constraints
- High speed digital design experience
- Signal integrity
- Sound knowledge of high-end laboratory instruments (e.g. High bandwidth Oscilloscope, active probing, pattern generator / BER analyzer) in general, experiences with measuring devices as well as laboratory instruments (spectrometer, oscilloscope, probes, etc.)
- Digital / analog design capabilities (schematics, PCB layout, footprint definition)
- Experienced on using Solidworks
- Former experience on using SI / Thermal simulation SW (FloTHERM, Polar or PCB Stackup planner)
- Proven know-how on RF simulation for antenna matching (i.e 2.4GHz / 5GHz)
- Automotive networks (CAN, MOST, etc.)
- Project Management capability
- Responsible for managing, owning, and providing the resources for projects.
- Organization and management of resources, such as growth, expectation, trainings and
- FMEA, DFMEA familiarity
- Balance planning and direction to ensure team members have the resources they need and are able to complete their tasks on time.
- Address problems preventing projects from progressing.
- Advise teams on projects and provide suggestions.
- Assess the quality and effectiveness of results.
- Assist with hiring and staffing decisions, particularly for specific projects.
- Create the master schedule for the team.
- Delegate work responsibilities fairly
- Determine cost-effective methods for completing projects.
- Discuss changes to the project with the project manager that affect the deliverables.
- Evaluate employees to ensure they have the best team for each project.
- Identify inefficiencies and implement ways to resolve them.
- Implement process enhancements to improve efficiency.
- Perform risk analysis for projects.
- Prioritize tasks and allocate the necessary resources to achieve them.
- Provide subject matter expertise when required.
- Share important project information, messages, and data.
- Track the team’s progress and performance.
- Train new team members
- Understand the effects of the project status on the availability of resources.
- Support the business area to identify risk/opportunity.
- Effective communication
- Conflict resolution
- Critical thinking
- Finance management
- Time management
- Resource planning
- Team building
Nice to have:
- Confident on C/C++ coding and bash scripting
- General understanding of Linux desktop OS
- A-Spice knowledge
Seniority: more than 10 years of experience in similar role.
Please fill out the form and upload your resume below