The candidate will work on Embedded Systems for Automotive/Infotainment industry thus skills on electronic components and circuit design are a must.
The ideal candidate is a flexible team player, results and teamwork oriented, willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
He/she will be expected to travel across Europe or worldwide both for workshops and temporary cooperation with international teams. Excellent written and spoken English is therefore mandatory for this role.
We are seeking a Radio/Tuner Validation Engineer, who has previously held design and release responsibility for validating radio tuner systems. This engineer will be responsible for validating the radio function of the Infotainment System in Tesla vehicles. This engineer must thrive in start-up a company environment with great opportunities for growth and spectacular achievement. In particular we are seeking
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must possess at least 2 years of experiences in testing radio tuner.
- Must possess knowledge of AM, FM, HD, DAB and XM technologies and must be able to analyze test system logs.
- Experience in debugging of real-time embedded solutions with lab test equipment.
- Basic C, C# programming is desired.
- CAN bus knowledge at the user level.
- Travel required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Excellent knowledge of software development under Linux
- Good working knowledge of Python
- Experience with embedded software development
- Basic understanding of hardware principles, familiarity with schematics and low level software development for peripherals in an embedded context
- Develop and execute test plans for analog and digital radio tuner (AM, FM, HD, DAB and XM) evaluation in vehicle and bench setups.
- Plan and execute tuner performance measurements that include validation and testing and different markets.
- Execution of tests to verify that behavior of tuner functions conforms to the specification.
- Document and follow up on bugs found in testing internally and with external vendors.
- Perform data performance test and analysis.
- Verification of field related issues and drive closure for the issues.
- Execute type approval tests and/or support external vendor lab testing.
- Work closely with Antenna and Software engineers to optimize performance.
- Experience with Yocto
- Knowledge of recent versions of C++ (C++ 11)
- Understanding of Python internals, including introspection, object model, embedded Python, C++ / Python wrapping
We are located in Marktplatz 1 D – 76337 Waldbronn / Germany